Ham and pork loin dices and the Mediterranean
A dish that has it all. Xavi Arrey, the chef from the restaurant, Pati Verd recommends uniting ham and loin of Batallé el Único for a unique quality dish.
- 150 grs. of diced Batallé el Único sirloin steak
- 100 grs. of Batallé el Único ham
- 150 grs. of ripe tomates
- 100 grs. of “Figueres” onion
- 100 grs. of potatoes
- 100 grs. of sugar
- 20 grs. of basil leaves
- 3 asparagus
- Fresh basil leaves
- Ruca leaves
- Fresh thyme
- Dry tomato
- Balsamic reduction
- Pure olive oil
- Black pepper
- STEP 01: Chop the onion and the potato thinly and cook them in low heat in pure olive oil. Drain and shape it into a rectangle.
- STEP 02: Lightly grill the dice and season them (salt and pepper) till the cooking is over.
- STEP 03: Lightly grill the green asparagus wrapped inside the ham.
- STEP 04: Cut the fresh figs in half.
- STEP 05: Blanch the ripe tomatoes and cool with iced water, peel them, take the seeds off and cut them in a regular way. Cook the tomato pulp, add the sugar and cook until obtaining a jam. Incorporate the fresh basil leaves and reserve.
- STEP 06: Place on the potato and onion rectangle the sirloin dice. Cover all that with the asparagus along with a ham and top all that with ruca and basil leaves, dry tomato, fresh figs, capers and the fresh thyme.
- STEP 07: Draw a line with the balsamic reduction along with the tomato and basil jam siding the composition. Moist the whole thing with pure olive oil.
- Since we are dealing with a lean meat we must be careful not to over cook the recipé otherwise it might come out too dry.