Batallé el Único ribs pickle sauce with citrus fruit
Pickle sauce is ideal for preserving food, and its vinegar base give a unique touch to its cooking point and flavour.
It can be made from many products, and yes, also using our Batallé el Único ribs.
- 12 pork ribs Batallé el Único
- 4 carrots
- 4 onions
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 red pepper
- ½ garlic head
- Some curly endive leaves (escarole)
- Cooked white beans
- 150ml rice vinegar
- 400ml of water
- Fermented bean paste
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 bay leaf or rosemary
- Chili pepper
- Virgin olive oil
- STEP 01: 1. Sauté the vegetables and ribs at a high temperature for a minute in a pan with a thread of oil. Put aside.
- STEP 02: Peel and cut the onions, carrots, fennel and pepper into thin strips. Put them in a saucepan over low heat and add whole garlic. Season.
- STEP 03: Add the ribs and the ginger cut into slices, bay leaves, rosemary, chili pepper and a piece of orange and lemon peel.
- STEP 04: Stir everything together and pour the vinegar, the citrus juices, water and cover with oil. Let it boil for a few minutes. Separate the bean paste with some liquid and pour into the pan.
- STEP 05: Cover and let to cook slowly for about 90 minutes until the meat is tender.
- STEP 06: Remove from the heat and let it cool and rest until the next day in the refrigerator.
- STEP 07: Degrease fat juice. Boil the juice in a saucepan for a few seconds until it becomes a sauce texture.
- STEP 08: Clean the escarole. Wash and drain the beans.
- STEP 09: Place the ribs on a dish, combining the beans and the washed escarole leaves.
- STEP 10: Pour the pickle sauce over it and the vegetables on top.
- STEP 11: Serve with chopped chives on top.
- It is important to let the pickle stand as to get a better taste from it and the flavours become uniform.
- Although this dish can be eaten cold it is as its best slightly tepid.
- You can keep the oil for other occasions.