Batallé el Único Catalan-style braised ribs
This suggestion for Batallé el Único braised ribs is ideal as a main dish. The juicy meat will melt in your mouth from the very first bite.
- 12 pork ribs Batallé el Único cut into pieces
- 8 garlic gloves
- Fried tomato (puree)
- 200g various wild mushrooms
- Dried apricots
- A handful of toasted nuts
- Rancid or cooking wine
- Virgin olive oil
- A sprig of thyme
- A piece of a cinnamon stick
- A piece of orange peel
- Salt and pepper
- STEP 01: Put the apricots together with the raisins to soak in the cooking wine.
- STEP 02: Peel and cut the onion into thin strips. Reserve a garlic glove for the “picada” (paste made in the mortar and pestle), peel the rest and crush them with a knife.
- STEP 03: Clean and cut the mushrooms.
- STEP 04: In a saucepan with oil, gently cook the salted ribs.
- STEP 05: Add the garlic and onions. Stir and let cook for a few minutes.
- STEP 06: Add the tomato puree and let it all cook slowly. Add all the aromatic herbs.
- STEP 07: Remove any liquid from the dried fruit and add the wine to the saucepan. Let it reduce.
- STEP 08: Add the mushrooms, apricots, raisins and some water. Cover and leave to cook gently until the meat is tender.
- STEP 09: Make a paste in the mortar and pestle with the nuts, parsley and a garlic glove.
- STEP 10: Add this paste to the sauce a few minutes before finishing cooking.
- STEP 11: Season accordingly and serve.
- If you have any leftovers, you can use the sauce to accompany some slices of pork loin or presa cooked on the grilled.
- You can also add to this dish, plums, spring onions, Brussels sprouts or any other vegetable you wish to use.