Batallé el Único loin steaks stuffed with tender garlic
An easy dish to prepare, but it requires a bit of time and effort. Batallé el Único stuffed loin is a main course for fine dining.
- An 800g piece of pork loin Batallé el Único
- 2 bunches of young fresh garlic
- 8 potatoes
- 4 onions
- 200g of mushrooms in season
- 2 roasted peppers
- 300g of spinach
- 50g of raisins
- Rancid or cooking wine and sweet wine (moscatel)
- A sprig of rosemary
- Virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- STEP 01: Make 3 lengthways cuts in the pork loin by opening it in the form of a book.
- STEP 02: Clean and sauté the spinach in a pan for a minute with a thread of olive oil. Season.
- STEP 03: In a bowl, mix the pepper cut into strips, spinach and raisins.
- STEP 04: Stuff the pork loin with the previous mixture, wrap it and bind it with some butcher’s twine.
- STEP 05: Wash and cut the mushrooms and garlic.
- STEP 06: Peel and cut the potatoes and onions into slices of about half a cm and put them in the bottom of an oven tray. Add salt, pepper and a little oil.
- STEP 07: Place the loin in the centre and cover the potatoes with the cooking wine and moscatel. Add some rosemary.
- STEP 08: Cook the loin at 150ºC for 30 min. (Soak the meat with the cooking juices every 10 minutes.
- STEP 09: Raise the oven temperature to 200ºC, add the mushrooms and young garlic.
- STEP 10: Season and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- STEP 11: Take the oven tray out and let it stand for 5-10 minutes.
- STEP 12: Cut the piece of loin into slices and serve them with the garnish from the tray and the resulting juices.
- Add some hot water to the oven tray if you run out of liquid.
- You can change the potato base for pumpkin or sweet potato.
- You can also eat it cold.